Loading an Existing Project
Download your Project Repository from GitHub.
Now that you have installed the Adaptive.js SDK and saved your credentials, follow the next set of steps to download and to run your project.
Do you have an existing project? If you do not have an existing project, go to the Step 2. (New Project) Create a New Project guide instead.
1. Add your SSH key to GitHub
To set up your computer to communicate with GitHub, add your SSH key to GitHub. This is done only once per computer.
2. Clone the GitHub repository
1. In a browser, go to GitHub and navigate to your GitHub project repository.
2. Locate the "clone URL" option on the sidebar.
3. Click the "SSH" toggle link to switch to the SSH option.
4. Copy the resulting URL to your clipboard using the button beside the URL bar.
5. Open a new Terminal (Mac) or Command Prompt (Windows).
6. To change to your project directory, enter the following command on the command line:
7. To clone the GitHub repository, enter the following command on the command line:
git clone git://replaceCopiedURL
git://replaceCopiedURL in the command with the URL that you copied to your clipboard in the previous step.
3. Install the NPM Packages
Your Adaptive.js project has specific NPM package dependencies which are needed to run your project. These only need to be installed once.
1. Open a new Terminal (Mac) or Command Prompt (Windows).
2. To change to your project directory, enter the following command on the command line:
3. To install the NPM packages, enter the following command on the command line:
Permission Errors If you receive permission errors, reset the permissions in your
- Change to your
.npmfolder with the
- Inside the
.npmfolder, reset your permissions with the
sudo chown -R yourUsername *command.
- Ensure that you change back to your project directory.
- Run the
npm installcommand again.
Finally, Preview your Project to see your Adaptive.js site in your development computer's browser.
Go on to Step 3. Authorize your Computer to Push Bundles.Edit in GitHub